Monday, May 28, 2007

Buying a car

I bought a car over the weekend for my upcoming commute to work. This sounds really serious, doesn't it-"commute to work". No more walking to the lab whenever I want. It really hasn't totally sunk in yet, but slowly it is, because of things like buying a car, taking care of insurance, parking, EZ-PASS etc. etc.

It was funny- before I went to look for a car, I acclaimed to friends that I want nothing to do with sunroof or moonroof, no need for anything powered except the steering, which is default for any car nowadays any how. Now I have to eat my words- I bought a car basically with EVERYTHING I didn't plan to pay for: moonroof, power windows, locks, mirrors, ABS... There is even an elbow rest on the driver's side. Yippee! The only thing missing is a remote starter, which can be handy when it is -10F outside I suppose.

So my new baby is a 2001 Honda Civic EX. I cannot wait for the new freedom, but there is also the responsibility=P.

3 comments:

Bil The Man said...

Sweet. The car sounds great. You can drive us around when we are in town. Great news, congrats. Now for the condo...

Random Curiosity said...

Heh heh. If you trust my navigation skill =). I almost forgot how scary it is driving in an unfamiliar part of Boston when it is dark. At least I made it back fine from the Alewife T station alright.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.