Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Picture of the house


The Prof. wants to see a picture of the mysterious house, so the Prof. gets a picture of the house. =) Here it is.

I must say the diverse styles of the New England architecture are quite attractive to me. Walking around Brookline you can often see Georgian, Gothic revival, Italianate, Queen Anne, Federal, Romanesque, Tudor revival... within blocks of each other. Oh, apparently the house I lived in when I first moved here was a historic landmark here. It was built around 1825.

5 comments:

Bil The Man said...

That is a crazy looking house. And it is huge. Man, must have taken a lot of work to move!

Anonymous said...

This house was the Van Houten & Zoon Cocoa Company house, an exhibit at the Chicago's Columbian Exposition of 1893, then moved to Brookline.

Anonymous said...

If you're interested in architecture, there's another structure from the Chicago World's Fair, up in Poland Springs, Maine. It was the state building for Maine at the World's Fair, and is one of only 4 existing structures from that fair.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm working with WTTW Channel 11 in Chicago, and we would love to use this image of the Dutch House in an upcoming documentary. Please email me at PJRandhawa@wttw.com.
Thanks!

Vincent said...

Of course, the writer is completely fair.
4 | my site | 1